The OCCMA Board of Directors met on July 22, 2023, to review proposed changes to the OCCMA Bylaws and Policy Annex.
The proposed changes to the bylaws include:
- Article 6, Sections 2, 4, and 6 – Increases the number of directors from eight to nine and changes “list serve” to listserv for consistency purposes.
- Article 7, Sections 2 and 6 – Recommendation from the Nominating Committee to allow the committee to consider additional criteria when recommending appointments to the OCCMA and LOC Board of Directors. Section 6 clarifies the length of time a person can serve in a vacated position.
- Article 8, Sections 1, 4, and 5 - Changes “list serve” to listserv for consistency purposes and changes the quorum requirement to seven voting members due to the additional director position being added.
- Article 9, Sections 1 and 3 – Adds the Communication Committee to the list of standing committees and clarifies that board members will also need to serve as liaisons to standing and ad/hoc committees.
The proposed changes to the policy annex include:
- Article 1, Section 1 – Changes “list serve” to listserv for consistency purposes.
- Article 3, Section 2 – Changes “list serve” to listserv for consistency purposes.
- Article 5, Sections 3 and 4 – Clarifies the membership drive and billing procedures. Changes Finance Director to Senior Accountant, because the LOC no longer has a Finance Director.
- Article 8, Sections 2 and 5 – Changes the title of Article 8 to ICMA Senior Advisor Program. Adds the listserv as a recruitment tool and adds at least before 30 days to allow for some flexibility in the review period. Changes the word shall to may for more flexibility when reimbursing expenses.
- New Article 13 – Creates the OCCMA Senior Advisor Program.
The complete changes to the bylaws can be viewed here.
The Board unanimously approved the changes proposed. The membership will be asked to vote on the proposed changes to the bylaws during the annual membership meeting at The Graduate in Eugene on October 12, 2023.
Per the OCCMA bylaws, the Board can amend the policy annex with a two-thirds vote of members present at a regular meeting after introduction at a previous meeting, provided 30-days notice has been given via the OCCMA listserv, website, and newsletter. The Board will act on the proposed changes to the policy annex at its October 11, 2023, meeting. Members are welcome to provide comments for the Board’s consideration. Please send comments to Angela Speier at email@example.com by Friday, September 22, 2023.