The OCCMA Board of Directors met on July 22, 2022 to review proposed changes to the OCCMA Bylaws and Policy Annex.
The proposed changes to the bylaws include:
- Article 4, Section 2 – Modifies the definition of active members
- Article 9, Section 1 – Adds the Scholarship Committee to the list of standing committees
The proposed changes to the policy annex include:
- Article 5, Section 2 – Adds a new section regarding the membership in ICMA for the President-Elect, President, and Past President
- Article 5, Section 4 – Modifies who has authorization to approve payments from the OCCMA
- Article 8, Section 5 – Adds attendance to the LOC and AOC Conferences as an eligible expense for Senior Advisors
- Article 8, Section 5 – Makes it clear that reimbursement for attendance at any event by a senior advisor is subject to adequate funding
- New Article 12 – Creates an OCCMA Scholarship Program
The complete changes to the bylaws can be viewed here.
The board unanimously approved the changes proposed. The membership will be asked to vote on the proposed changes to the bylaws during the annual membership meeting at the Riverhouse in Bend on October 5, 2022.
Per the OCCMA bylaws, the board can amend the policy annex with a two-thirds vote of members present at a regular meeting after introduction at a previous meeting, provided 30-days notice has been given via the OCCMA listserv, website, and newsletter. The board will act on the proposed changes to the policy annex at its October 4, 2022, meeting. Members are welcome to provide comments for the Board’s consideration.